The Cradle to Cradle standard is a framework that enables companies to:
- Prioritise action across material health, product circularity, clean air and climate protection, water and soil stewardship, and social fairness
- Enact change through product innovation and operations
- Transform their business models, systems and collaboration across their value chains
- Verify their performance and measure their progress towards sustainability commitments
- Lead industry transformation towards a safe, circular and equitable future
Enhancements in Version 4 include:
- New frameworks for product circularity and social fairness
- More rigorous clean air and climate protection requirements
- Extended water and soil stewardship requirements
- Improved material health requirements including chemical regulations and a new restricted substances list
Dr. Christina Raab, vice president of strategy and development for the Institute says, “Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4.0 offers businesses of all sizes an ambitious solution for advancing from commitment to action by addressing interconnected sustainability topics, and developing safe and circular products. By benchmarking performance against the standard’s ascending levels of achievement, companies can set strategy, measure progress, and clearly communicate their impact and leadership to their stakeholders.”
Make a Green Move for your business
Greenlister, Green Moves Australia has expanded its areas of advice and consulting to include carbon accounting. Green Moves Australia is also now a Climate Active Registered Consultant.
Green Moves provides independent advice and guidance on energy efficiency, carbon reduction and sustainability. Its services, to date, have included energy auditing, carbon inventories, sustainability guidance and education. The addition of carbon accounting expands its offering and being Climate Active Registered strengthens Green Moves already considerable credibility.